OpticalRevEng Dental is the sofware to create and edit the Range Images obtained with Open Technologies' Dental Scanners.
The application has been designed to perform the following operations:
- 3D optical scanning: the generation of "Range Images" of the scanned object.
- Alignment of the range images: the group of functions that allow to integrate the scanning of different objects, or portions of objects, in order to accurately replicate their mutual position.
- Cleaning of the range images: tools that allow to delete the undesired scattered points that can be generated during scanning.
- Generation of triangle meshes: the group of procedures and algorithms that can transform the range images, acquired from the scanner, into triangle meshes that can be used with other CAD/CAM systems.
- Editing the meshes: tools for the elaboration of the meshes; (E.g. smoothing, hole filling, etc.)
All information is logically organized within a Project. The scanning data addition or modification always takes place inside a Project, that can be saved or loaded from the disk.
The software supports two different kinds of projects:
- Free Projects: every element is independent from the other and the user can organise the logic of the project.
- Structured Projects: the elements are organised according to a Job Definition, established by the user or imported from another software.
Most of the considerations in this manual are valid for both project types.